Cystic Fibrosis Health Equity Fund
Medical Insurance Premium Assistance Is Now Available!
Co-Pay Relief Program Fund Notices
Would you like to be notified when any new funds open, or when any of our current funds re-open? If so, please sign up using the “Get Notified” link below. As a member of our subscriber community you will receive important news about all of our disease funds, so join today!
- Co-pay, Co-insurance & Deductibles
- Office visits and administration charges related to treatment
- Medical Insurance premiums
$15,000 Per Year
- Household Income Requirements 400% or less of Federal Poverty Guideline (FPG) (adjusted for Cost of Living Index (COLI) and number in household)
- Insurance Requirements All Insurance Types
Residency RequirementsMust reside in an eligible county
Must receive treatment in the United States
Is my zip code eligible for Health Equity Funds?
About Cystic Fibrosis Health Equity Fund
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that causes progressive damage to the respiratory system and chronic digestive system problems but can involve multiple organ systems of the body. Mutations in the cystic fibrosis trans-membrane regulator protein (CFTR) impacts the body’s ability to move sodium, chloride and water in and out of cells, leading to unusually thick and sticky mucus in many tissues of the body including the airways, pancreatic ducts, sweat ducts, sinuses and bowels. Cystic fibrosis affects more than 30,000 people in the U.S., although there are approximately 10-12 million carriers of the CFTR mutation in the U.S., the disease affects males and females equally. Other names for this condition include:CF, cystic fibrosis of pancreas, fibrocystic disease of pancreas and mucoviscidosis.
Our Health Equity Funds were developed to get assistance to those people and places who need it the most. Developed using the CDC’s Social Vulnerability Index (SVI) and CDC Disease Incidence data, our Health Equity Funds serve people living in 220 counties across the United States that have been identified by the CDC as having the highest social vulnerability scores and are burdened with high rates of chronic diseases. The Health Equity Funds are designed to specifically provide support to eligible patients living in one of the 220 counties covered by the funds, which is verified using the zip code of the patient’s home address. All other eligibility requirements, and fund operation, are the same as our general funds.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation800-FIGHT-CF
- Mayo Clinic
- American Lung Association800-LUNGUSA
- Good Days877-968-7233
- Healthwell Foundation800-675-8416
- National Organization for Rare Disorders800-999-6673
- Needy Meds800-503-6897
- Patient Access Network Foundation866-316-7263
- Patient Services Inc.800-366-7741
- The Assistance Fund855-845-3663