HIV, AIDS and PreventionApply
Co-Pay Relief Program Fund Notices
Would you like to be notified when any new funds open, or when any of our current funds re-open? If so, please sign up using the “Get Notified” link below. As a member of our subscriber community you will receive important news about all of our disease funds, so join today!
Co-pay, Co-Insurance & DeductibleMaximum Award Level
$7,500 Per Year
- Household Income Requirements 400% or less of Federal Poverty Guideline (FPG) (adjusted for Cost of Living Index (COLI) and number in household)
- Insurance Requirements All Insurance Types
- Must reside and receive treatment in the United States.
About HIV, AIDS and Prevention
“Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a virus that can lead to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). HIV attacks the body through three disease processes: immunodeficiency, autoimmunity, and nervous system dysfunction. By damaging your immune system, HIV interferes with your body’s ability to fight the organisms that cause disease. HIV affects specific cells of the immune system, called CD4 cells, or T cells. Over time, HIV can destroy so many of these cells that the body can’t fight off infections and disease. When this happens, HIV infection leads to AIDS.
Unlike some other viruses, the human body cannot get rid of HIV. There’s no cure for HIV or AIDS, but there are medications that can dramatically slow the progression of the disease in a diagnosed individual.
In addition, there are available pharmaceutical options that can help prevent the HIV virus from establishing a permanent infection for those who have been exposed to the virus, are at high-risk of contracting the virus, or for mothers during pregnancy to prevent the transmission of their virus to their child.”
- HIV/AIDS on CDC Website
- Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Programs
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- The Body
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Resources from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Housing Works
- American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM)
- PAF's National Underinsured Resource Directory
- Good Days877-968-7233
- Healthwell Foundation800-675-8416
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society800-955-4572
- National Organization for Rare Disorders800-999-6673
- Needy Meds800-503-6897
- Patient Access Network Foundation866-316-7263
- Patient Services Inc.800-366-7741
- The Assistance Fund855-845-3663